What is Content ID?
Here we collected all related content ID quesions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Content ID is a popular digital fingerprinting system that content creators can use to easily identify and manage their copyrighted content on YouTube. Videos uploaded to YouTube are compared against audio and video files registered with Content ID by content owners, looking for any matches.
- Open the YouTube Studio app .
- Tap Menu .
- To see videos with a copyright claim, choose one of the following places from the menu: Individual videos (choose any video to see its details page) Dashboard. Videos.
- Any video that has information about a Content ID claim or copyright takedown will show a copyright icon. More information here.
Content ID claims usually mean we found content on your YouTube channel that someone else owns. Copyright owners are the ones who decide whether other people can reuse their copyrighted content. They often allow their content to be used in YouTube videos in exchange for having ads run on those videos.
What is the difference between copyright and Content ID? Copyright is a set of laws, while Content ID is a tool that helps rights holders exercise their rights on YouTube
- Click the Claim tab.
- Click the magnifying glass next to the Asset search box.
- Click the row (not the title) for the asset that the video matches.
- In the Claim Type box, specify whether the video matches the Audio, Video, or Audio visual content of your asset.